Environmental responsibility is the duty that a business or an individual has to perform in a way to keep the environment safe. This include but not limited to:
- waste management;
- conservation of natural resources;
- complying with environmental legislation;
- prevention of pollution
It is the responsibility of each one of us in the society to safeguard our mother nature. Any harm done to the environment, the effects are felt by everyone in the society. For instance, the effects of climate change are being felt everywhere by everyone on earth. It therefore calls for personal environmental responsibility.
In this area, Palscity Foundation seeks to be on the forefront in championing for general Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability programs in the society.
Our key objectives on the environment are:
- To Promote Natural Resources Conservation
- To Secure a Clean and Healthy Environment
- To enable members of the society, have sense of total environmental responsibility
This shall be achieved through two main ways namely:
- Environmental capacity building and empowerment community programs
- Leading and mobilizing in environmental pollution and waste management and afforestation activities
There are four major programs under this:
- Climate change and Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Waste Management, Environmental pollution management and control
- Afforestation and Natural Resource Conservation
- Environmental Policy Development and Planning and Environmental Advocacy
Agriculture is our wisest pursuit, because it will in the end contribute most to real wealth, good morals, and happiness.
Through agriculture, one creates an independent mindset. This is the spirit Palscity Foundation is set to instill in mostly the youth in our society. Investing in agriculture through the help of the modern technology will enable youth to become independent and focused citizens who will be able to create wealth out of their own efforts and in turn contribute to economic growth and limit violence and criminal activities in the society.
Palscity Foundation will work hand in hand with various stakeholders in order to provide market for farm produce through the e-commerce platform that gives opportunity to the youth.
Climate Change is a change in the statistical distribution of weather patterns when that change lasts for an extended period of time.
It is caused by factors such as biotic processes, variations in solar radiation received by Earth, plate tectonics, and volcanic eruptions.
Certain human activities have been identified as primary causes of ongoing climate change, often referred to as global warming.
The term “climate change” is often used to refer specifically to anthropogenic climate change also known as global warming. Anthropogenic climate change is caused by human activity, as opposed to changes in climate that may have resulted as part of Earth’s natural processes.
In this sense, especially in the context of environmental policy, the term climate change has become synonymous with anthropogenic global warming.
Within scientific journals, global warming refers to surface temperature increases while climate change includes global warming and everything else that increases greenhouse gas levels effect. The main long-term impacts of climate change include: Changing rainfall patterns affecting agriculture and reducing food security; Worsening water security; Decreasing fish resources in large lakes due to rising temperatures; Increasing vector-borne diseases; Rising sea levels affecting low-lying Coastal areas with large populations; and Increasing water stress.
This program works to ensure a clear understanding that Climate Change is a major source of impediment to Sustainable Development and device appropriate ways of response to climate change in Africa and the whole globe. At the same time the program will focus on the dual relationship between sustainable development and climate change. Climate Change influences key natural and human living conditions and therefore forming the basis for sustainable development, while on the other hand, society’s priorities on sustainable development influence both the Green House Gas emissions that are causing climate change and the vulnerability, the program is keen on the need for the exploration of policies that jointly address Sustainable Development and Climate Change
- Effluent Waste Management.
- Space Pollution Management & Control
- Electro Pollution Management & Control
- Effect of Radiation Pollution
- Visual Pollution Management & Control
- Soil Pollution Management & Control
- Noise Pollution Management & Control
- Air Pollution Management & Control
- Water Pollution Management & Control